Positive Energy Outdoors is looking for a Summer Camp Lead Instructor to work full-time hours in this seasonal position that runs from June 12, 2017 through August 25, 2017.
Starting pay is $400 per week. Positive Energy Outdoors’ (PEO) Summer Camp Lead Instructor works as part of a small team to operate a comprehensive outdoor education program that includes after school programs, summer day camps and teen leadership/camping programs that incorporate a variety of outdoor education activities.
Some of the job responsibilities include:
• Active participation in orientation, training (June 12-16, 2017), staff meetings, individual
coaching/feedback meetings and quality improvement processes
• Leading all elements of a high quality day camp program for children in grades K -6 and
overnight camping for youth in grades 7-12
• Leading training for teen Counselors in Training (CITs) June 14-15, 2017
• Leading kayaking, SUP, voyageur canoeing, hiking, portable climbing wall/belaying,
swimming, draft horse driving, meeting sled dogs and other activities for up to 12 campers
according to camper interest and camp theme
• Supervising CITs, Junior Counselor and volunteers
• Assisting with camp programs at outdoor rock climbing sites
• Driving a 15 passenger van, car or truck and trailer to transport participants or equipment
• Participating in American Camp Association (ACA) Accreditation process/camp visit
• Following PEO Summer Camp Behavioral Expectation Plan
• Following PEO Emergency Procedures Plan
• Following PEO Summer Camp Staff Manual
• Developing and implementing PEO plan for foul weather activities (including arts and
crafts, games or other indoor activities in the event outdoor programming is not possible)
• Checking campers in and out and tracking program participation
• Communicating with parents/guardians, school administration, community members and program participants as necessary (in person, phone, text, e-mail, social media, etc.)
• Maintaining confidentiality and professionalism
• Administering Summer Camp program evaluations
• Documenting Summer Camp activities (daily photos and video uploaded in albums for each 4week of camp) to be used for marketing, social media and family/community
communication purposes on PEO’s Facebook page
• Other duties as required
If you think you have what it takes to join our exciting program and our staff, take a look at the full job description for download: 2017 Day Camp Lead Instructor Position Description.
There are instructions in the job description about applying for the position.
Positive Energy Outdoors is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization and is an equal opportunity employer.